Thursday, June 27, 2013

SPRING 2014: 3.1 Phillip Lim

Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe my feelings toward the SS14 Phillip Lim collection.  I have been following the menswear spring 14' collections and was going to do an overview post however, the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection stopped me in my tracks; I had to drop everything I was doing and make a post now.

For SS14 Lim was everything to everyone, he gave us- grunge in the form of plaids, punk with leather and grommets, surfer dude in Hawaiian floral, streamlined minimalism with color blocking, androgynous with long hemlines...did I mention he was everything?  With so many inspirations what the designer did not give us is confusion; unlike many young designers the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection was cohesive and well edited/styled.  Each look transitioned to the next with fluidity and pattern/colors/fabrics/textures played off and complimented each other.  To view the full collection and decide for yourself visit style.com http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2014MEN-PLIM








No comments:

Post a Comment