Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Met: Punk Chaos to Couture

....After a year hiatus I'm making my way back, just like my favorite fashion event The Met Gala.  It's like Christmas for the fashionistas' in all of us.

This year celebrated one of my favorite fashion movements- PUNK.  Without which I might not have found my way into the fashion world...why it seems like yesterday I was putting safety pins in my shirts, experimenting with fabric paint, and making my own clothes.  Of course I've grown out of that phase however, the inspiration is still there and it's refreshing to see the serious fashion crowd pay their respects.


My favorites on the red carpet included Sarah Jessica Parker in McQueen and Christina Ricci in Vivian Westwood- bizarrely enough not everyone got the memo as to what the theme was (eh hem Kim K, don't even get me started on why she was invited anyway)....And inside the exhibit RODARTE stole my heart after all I have been obsessed with their Fall 2008 since it first showed.

The exhibit runs until August 14th, get there before it's gone.







No comments:

Post a Comment