Saturday, June 11, 2011

2011 CFDA Awards

One of my favorite fashion events -the CFDA Awards held June 7th in NYC: an entire night of celebrating fashion, what could be better? As a working professional in the fashion industry I'm interested by the foundation, the nominees, the winners etc. but I know what you want to discuss-the red carpet. One of the reasons I admire the Council of Fashion Designers of America is for their annual awards ceremony and the no-rules red carpet that leads up to it. Celebrities, designers, industry professionals, models, casual, formal, street, avante-gard....it's a fashion free for all.

I must say this year there was a bit of disappointment for this blogger. I realize the point of this event is to honor emerging designers but come on' we want to see FASHION. Any celebrity can put on a medeocore gown and pose for a picture, that's not the point here; it's about showcasing the art of fashion and your personal style. I feel better now that I've put my two cents in, you be the judge....

No comments:

Post a Comment