Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventures in Jewelry Making

Everyone needs a creative outlet....Being a self-proclaimed fashion expert with one of my degrees being in fashion design, I thought 'why not make jewelry?'. It certainly isn't that I have too much time on my hands but rather the constant thought that I need to be contributing and putting 'something' out there. I soon realized that the idea was much easier than the actual act (isn't it always?).

Onto the jewelry; first of all it is overwhelming supply shopping so much to choose from materials, notions, tools...then theres the actual designing of the piece....setting aside time to do the making....then the actual construction. After finally getting my head to stop spinning I found myself with my old favorites: Black and Gold. Coming out of my haze and seeing the actual pieces I had made I realized I might not be the next Cartier and I will just leave this as a hobby. So what's your hobby?






No comments:

Post a Comment